Call for Artists
Applications are now open for the Artisans of WMASS Arts & Crafts Demonstration Day which will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at the Yankee Candle Co. Fitness Center in South Deerfield. We are seeking a variety of artists and fine crafters who can demonstrate how they create their work or demonstrate a portion of their process.
All members of the artisan community are encouraged to apply but note that priority acceptance will be given to members of Artisans of Western Mass.
The application deadline is March 8, 2015.
Artisans of WMASS, Inc is tax-exempt non-profit organization which includes collective of artists, hand crafters, business owners, community members, and artisans who live, work, and play right here in Western Massachusetts – including Berkshire, Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties. Our mission is to serve as a cooperative organization educating and collaborating with local communities as we strive to highlight the importance of a vibrant creative culture and emphasize the considerable benefits of buying locally. Our goals are to:
- Nurture a cooperative Organization of artists, artisans, businesses and community members;
- Build creative collaborations within our local communities;
- Educate the public about the benefits of a creative culture and economy;
- Mentor and support local artists and artisans in their work and businesses;
- Develop and create local events for members and the public; and
- Collaborate with other artist and art advocacy groups in Western Massachusetts.
Visit Our Artisans gallery to view the online shops of our talented members. Use our Events Calendar to stay up-to-date on events and craft shows so you can meet us in person. Visit our Creative Education page for opportunities to learn a new creative skill. Get to know us better by following our BLOG. Stay on top of all the latest news and developments by liking our Facebook page or following us on Twitter. We thank you for supporting local artisans and for buying handmade!